Some people find it difficult to make friends. Perhaps they are shy, or feel they lack the social skills to start a conversation. Suggestions to make friends are:
1. Join groups that share your common interests. Talking about one of your passions, such as gardening or writing short stories, for example, can help give you confidence to talk about other things with potential new friends.
2. Watch and learn from gregarious people who make friends easily.
3. Practice looking into people's eyes when you talk to them.
4.Listen to what others are saying, rather than focusing on your own self-consciousness.
6. Look for anyone else in the room who seems socially awkward, and approach them for conversation.
7. When you talk to someone new, ask them questions about themselves or what they like to do; it's a good way to get started.
8. Social skills can be learned, so seek professional help if you feel you need it.