Dr. Rachna Khanna Singh is a mental health professional with a medical background focused on providing individual, group and corporate counselling. She is currently Head of Department of Holistic Medicine & Psychology at Artemis Hospital and has worked with other leading hospitals such as Fortis Escorts, Dharamshila Cancer Hospital. Her areas of speciality include Lifestyle & Stress Management.
She is the founder and director of The Mind and Wellness Studio. Which aims at creating positive changes in the lives, in order to ensure holistic health for a better tomorrow.
Her specialities include stress management, lifestyle management for heart diseases, supportive care for chronically ill patients, work-life balance, parent-child bonding, cancer support care, ante/postnatal care, relationship counselling, pre-marital & marital counselling, adolescent counselling, psychiatric & psychological illnesses like depression, anxiety, insomnia.
Having achieved proficiency as a corporate health care consultant, she has conducted various workshops for over 250 leading corporate houses of the country focusing on stress management and soft skills training
A few of the major corporate houses that have demanded her expertise include Coca-Cola, Airtel, Oberoi Hotels Delhi, Bata India Ltd, Infosys, Ericsson Hero Honda, Genpact, PepsiCo, WNS, Nokia, Exl, HDFC, Maruti etc.
Dr. Rachna Singh is the Founder and Director of a non-governmental organization named SWAPN. Swapn is a non-governmental organization that works with underprivileged children and women, equipping them to better deal with the future. The vision of Swapn goes beyond providing basic food and shelter and aims at following a holistic approach for total personality development of the future generation of our country, addressing health from a physical, mental, nutritional, social and creative perspective.
She is also consultant with important NGOs and is an executive board member with Swashrit & ServeSamman, where she is working with under privileged women and children for various medical and psychological ailments.
She has worked with students from over 300 schools in Delhi & NCR region like Salwan, Mount Carmel, Springdales , DPS etc., and also in educational institutions nationally on modules like Growing Up Right', 'Personality Development', 'Parenting', 'Substance abuse', 'Smoking Cessation' ,'Sex Education', etc.
'I Lead India' is an initiative by the Times group, driven towards bringing about a change in the country by the people themselves. It is an initiative that is currently active in 27 cities of India.
The I Lead India Youth Brigade is an activist programme. Which seeks to mobilize the youth, between 18-24 years of age, to make them agents of change. In every city 5 members are selected as Youth Brigade who then bring about a change under the able guidance of an experienced mentor. Dr.Rachna K Singh has been selected as the official mentor for the Delhi chapter of I Lead, guiding and directing the Youth Brigade in ways that a change can be brought about in the city.
She was a Visiting Lecturer & Faculty Member - Amity Institute of Behavioral Health & Allied Sciences, Noida, Dr. B R Sur Medical College, Delhi.
Media Related Work
Her writings are regularly featured in the print media that includes columns & articles in famous medical journals , magazines & newspapers such as,Femina, India Today, MensHealth,The Week, Economic Times, HT City, HT Brunch, Delhi Times, Mail Today,Dainik Bhaskar,Amar Ujala. She is a frequent guest speaker for lifestyle management on many popular TV channels like the national Doordarshan, CNN-IBN, India TV, Aaj Tak and ZEE. She is currently an expert answering queries on relationship and parenting on radio on MY FM 94.3 daily.
She is also the official psychologist for the 5 year old Gurgaon Rape Victim and has been acknowledged by the Police and Media for the same.
Dr. Rachna also has an internship programme for psychology students under her guidance, and has conducted many workshops for students.
1. Lecture on Stress Management- Tokyo University, Japan 2014
2. Lecture on Stress Management- Institute of Marketing and Management, New Delhi, 2014
3. Lecture on Adjustment Issues- Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur, 2014
4. Lecture on Lifestyle Management for Doctors, Cardiomersion, Chandigarh, 2013
5. Lecture on Stress Management - University of Exeter, UK, 2009.
6. Lecture on Stress Management in Modern Lifestyle - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 2009.
7. Lecture on Lifestyle Management - Thames Valley University, UK, 2008.
8. Lecture on Hypertension -Royal College of Physicians, London,UK, 2007.
Honors and Awards
1. Awarded the KaramVeer Puraskaar for Contribution in the Medical Field, 2015
2. Awarded Special Appreciation, in the Times App Contest, 2015
3. Awarded the Build India Award for Outsanding Contribution as a Health Activitist, 2014
4. Awarded the New Age Woman Award for Extra Ordinary Contribution in Social and Medical Field, 2014
5. Was presented the prestigious Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Ratna Award 2012 for excellence in the field of "Mental Health, Stress and Relationship Counselling".
6. Received an award for extra-ordinary support towards the self-development of Delhi Police by Special Commissioner Delhi Police 'Deepak Mishra' and "Virender Sehwag".
7. Awarded the MRCH in 2010 by the Honourable Lord Aaron Kenneth Ward-Atherton - Lord of Whitley &Hurcott- Worcestershire (House of Lords,Westminster Abbey ,London , Parliament of UK).